June 23, 2013

Photo Editing Exercise





I love to travel. I also LOVE penguins! I collect stuffed toy penguins, penguin mugs, shirts, ties, photo holders, and so forth. I have a penguin calendar, a penguin hat, penguin bath towels, a porcelain penguin, and more. So, when asked to choose a mascot for this study abroad, it just seemed natural to choose a penguin. This is me and my mascot, a Ty Beanie Baby penguin named Topper, after the penguin from the 1970's animated film Santa Clause Is Comin' to Town.








Class Exercise Portion






Original Picture















Cropped version













Edited version: for this photo I used the free-select tool in GIMP to select the face and shoulders, then I adjusted the hue saturation and contrasting, using tools on the color drop down menu. I then used a slight Gaussian blur on the edges (after selecting them again, using the free-select tool), to blend the colors so that everything looks natural. Finally, I adjusted the color levels for the entire photo.

 I also did a little bit of extra cropping.


 







Edit #2: Using the previously edited picture, I used the old photo filter to change the look of the picture. I then further adjusted the color using the colorize tool from the color drop down menu. Finally, I applied a fuzzy border around the picture, to make it look extra faded.

No comments:

Post a Comment